Scarlett Johansson, 36, reveals she felt typecast in 'hypersexualised' roles in her teens.

by - January 07, 2024

 

Scarlett Johansson felt 'hypersexualized' working in Hollywood as a teenager. The actress, 36, had her break as an adult actress as Charlotte in movie Lost in Translation at the age of 18 but had her first leading role as Manny in Manny & Lo at the age of 12.

The star said she felt typecast in certain roles in her teens and on into her early 20s, telling The Sun: 'When I was working in my early twenties, and even my late teens, I felt that I got somehow typecast as hypersexualized, which I guess at the time seemed OK to everyone.

'Even though it wasn’t part of my own narrative, it was kind of crafted for me by probably a bunch of dudes in the industry.' Her breakthrough role came at age 19 when she starred in the acclaimed film, Lost In Translation, alongside Bill Murray. She is now one of Hollywood's biggest stars. 

Scarlett got married last year to Colin Jost, 39, at a scaled-down ceremony at her home in the New York hamlet of Palisades in October. Earlier this month Page Six claimed that Scarlett was expecting a baby but neither she nor Colin has confirmed as much.

In an interview on Late Night With Seth Meyers the Black Widow star dished about the idiosyncratic 'party favor' she and her new husband gave their guests.

Colin currently hosts Weekend Update on NBC's Saturday Night Live - a role previously held by Seth who attended Scarlett's latest wedding.

You May Also Like

0 Comments