'Friends' stars Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer let us all be happy for a moment

by - February 20, 2024

 

 Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer were rumored to be dating for a hot minute. And what a great minute it was.When I saw on Twitter that “Friends” stars Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer were a couple, my heart leapt.



Instead, I allowed myself to get lost in the clichéd fantasy of a fictional TV couple’s stepping out in real life 17 years after their show and their iconic on-and-off relationship as Ross and Rachel went off the air.

Never mind that the speculation was launched during a brilliant reunion show in May in which Aniston and Schwimmer confessed to having had crushes on each other when they were on “Friends.” If it was a publicity stunt, it was one I was willing to buy into.

I wasn’t discouraged. I love a good love story, even if it’s a fantasy; it’s why I gravitate to rom-coms and gossip columns. It’s also why I allowed myself to get sucked into the drama about the former sitcom stars. As did many others.

You May Also Like

0 Comments